The TikTok Pixel is primarily used for:
To start, you will need to create your TikTok Pixel. But before you can create a TikTok Pixel you must first create a Business Account. If you already have a business account, continue reading otherwise, click here to create a TikTok business account.
1) From your Business Center head on over to your Ads Manager, as you can see in the screen below:
2) In your Ads Manager in the top navigation bar head on over to "Assets" and then Clicks on "Events"
3) On the next screen you will be taken to the "Events Manager" make sure you select App Events if you want to create a Pixel for your App and Web Events if you want to create one for your website. In this example, we will be using the Web Event setup.
4) Click on "Set Up Web Events" to create your first Pixel and a pop-window will open as you can see in the image below:
5) Name your Pixel. I recommend that you use a Pixel name that will be related to the website or domain name on which you will be using the Pixel. Keep in mind that the maximum number of characters that you can use for your Pixel is 128 characters. 6) Next up you will have to choose your connection method, and you can pick from "TikTok Pixel" or "Events API", if you are doing it for the first time I recommend you use the "TikTok Pixel" connection method instead of the "Events API".
7) You will then be asked to set up your Pixel manually or through Partner Platforms. I will first show you how to install the code manually.
8) Select Manually and then opt for Standard Mode,
After you have completed this step it will have created your TikTok Pixel and you can move on to Step 2. Installing the TikTok Pixel.
After you have created your TikTok Pixel you will need to install it on your website, follow the steps to finish the process.
1) Copy the Pixel code by clicking on the "Copy Pixel Code" button.
2) Next you want to Paste the code you just copied in the Website header of your website. You can add the code above or below other already installed tracking codes, like Google Analytics.
3) Be sure only to paste your pixel code once. If you add multiple instance of your Pixel to the website, it will fire multiple times, corrupting your data.
Now the time has come to verify if you have properly configured your Pixel on your website.
If you are looking to check and verify your TikTok PIxel Implementation on your website you should to download the Pixel helper. The Pixel helper is a software that allows you to configure your TikTok Pixel.
To check if your Pixel is firing properly, navigate back to your website, refresh the page and then double-click to check the TikTok Pixel Implementation on your website. If it is properly detecting the Pixel you can move on!
In this fourth step of the tutorial, you need to make a selection of events that you want to track for your industry. The event Tracking Templates you can choose from are:
1) E-Commerce Events,
2) Form Submission Events,
3) Consultation Events,
4) APK Download,
5) Custom Events.
Finally, you can set how often you want your Events to fire. Select "Every Time" if you want the same conversions to be counted multiple times, and go for the "Once" if you only want to fire a conversion event ones. I.e. I recommend you configure Purchase Events to fire once but for button clicks you can have multiple instances.
In this last step, we will define all the events that we want to track on our Pixel.
1) From your Web Events screen click on the Blue name of your TikTok Pixel
2) Next you want to click on the "+ Add Events" button
3) This will take you to a dedicated screen where you can start adding Events to your Pixel. Input your website in the URL bar and then use the "+ Add Web Elements" button to configure your events.
After you have configured all of your events you will be able to have this data come up in your Events dashboard and view if you have properly done the TikTok Pixel Implementation.
In this step, you will create your ads. Ads are the main source of income for TikTok and are an important part of the app. You can create different types of ads, including video ads and the brand new Spark Ads.
1) To create an ad, first open the Campaign menu in the navigation bar.
2) Hit the red Create button and then walk yourself through the process of setting up your first Ads.
The TikTok Pixel Implementation is an easy process that can be completed in about 30 minutes. The first thing you need to make sure is that you have access to your website, your TikTok Business Account and that you can Create a Pixel. After you have created the Pixel, gave it a name, you can then choose from a variety of options to install the TikTok Pixel on your website. When it has been properly configured you can move on to setup events to fire, this can be done through an Event Tracking Template before you tag the events on your website.
When you have successfully completed your TikTok Pixel Implementation you can move on to creating Ads. To learn more about TikTok, you can consult our TikTok Advertisements: How to get started guide.